At Lower Withial Farm we are committed to providing our customers, prospective customers and the users of our website www.lowerwithialfarmcottages.co.uk with an open and honest experience. We work hard to ensure that your privacy is maintained and that any data that you do share with us is carefully looked after. Lower Withial Farm are responsible for your personal data and for the purposes of GDPR are the data controller. If you have any questions at all please do not hesitate to contact us.
This privacy notice provides you with details of how we collect and process your personal and non personal data through your use of our website www.lowerwitialfarmcottages.co.uk. Personal data refers to any data capable of identifying you and non personal data data refers to anonymised data.
What Personal Data Is Collected And Why?
We only request personal information for the purpose that it was collected or a similar activity. This is normally, but not exclusively, in relation to accommodation bookings, accommodation enquiries, payments for accommodation and enquiries and bookings for events that we organise.
Personal data is requested from us to fulfill our contractual obligations and to manage the day to day normal business activities. If you are unable or choose not to provide us with the data if and when requested we may not be able to fulfill our contractual obligations and the product or service may be cancelled. We will never share your personal details with any third-party for their own use.
Enquiry Data is collected so that we may communicate to you. The legal grounds for us processing this data is legitimate interests.
User Generated Data is data that you have chosen to post on our website, for example a comment to a blog post or a review. The legal grounds for us processing this data is legitimate interests.
Personal Information Data is collected so that we may process a purchase or a request to purchase. The legal grounds for our processing this data is the fulfillment of our contractual obligation with you or the creation of a future contract with you.
Other. Under GDPR is may be deemed that your IP address constitute personal data because it could be used to identify you or in whole or part. The legal grounds for us processing your IP is legitimate interest since this helps to keep our website safe. We process your IP address for security reasons to protect our website for malicious attacks and hacks. We may cross reference your IP with the IP’s of blacklisted users and if a match is found we may add your IP to the blacklist and prevent further access to you.
We may process your personal data without your knowledge or consent where this is required or permitted by law.
What Non-Personal Data is Collected and Why?
Preference Data is collected to enable the website to perform and to be administered correctly. Our lawful ground for this processing is legitimate interests.
Statistical Data is collected so that we may provide a fully functioning website that helps our business to communicate core message to relevant persons. The legal grounds for us processing this data is legitimate interests.
- Marketing data is collected to allow us to grow our business and provide a better service to our customers. The legal grounds for us processing this data is legitimate interests.
Marketing and Advertising
We know that you don’t want to be bombarded with advertising and marketing messages that are not relevant to you.
Email marketing. We may send you marketing communications from us:
- if you have previously purchased from us
- If you have made an enquiry from us about our products and services
- if you requested to receive marketing communications (opted in)
You will always receive a marketing message with an option to opt out of future marketing messages.
If you are a limited company, we may send you marketing emails without your consent. However you can still opt out of receiving marketing emails from us at any time. Our lawful ground of processing your personal data to send you marketing communications is either your consent or our legitimate interests (namely to grow our business).
Display Advertisements. We may use your data to deliver relevant advertisements to you (including Facebook adverts or other display advertisements) and to measure or understand the effectiveness of the advertising we serve you. Our lawful ground for this processing is legitimate interests which is to grow our business.
We may have to share your personal data with the parties set out below:
- Service providers who provide IT and system administration services.
- Professional advisers including lawyers, bankers, auditors and insurers
- Government bodies that require us to report processing activities.
By providing us with your data, you warrant to us that you are over 13 years of age.
- Under data protection law, you may have a number of rights concerning the data we hold about you. If you wish to exercise any of these rights, please contact our Data Protection Officer using the contact details set out below. For additional information on your rights please contact your data protection authority and see below.
- The right to be informed. You have the right to be provided with clear, transparent and easily understandable information about how we use your information and your rights. This is why we’re providing you with the information in this policy.
- The right of access. You have the right to obtain access to your information (if we’re processing it). This will enable you, for example, to check that we’re using your information in accordance with data protection law. If you wish to access the information we hold about you in this way, please get in touch (see Contact Details).
- The right to rectification. You are entitled to have your information corrected if it is inaccurate or incomplete. You can request that we rectify any errors in information that we hold by contacting us (see Contact Details).
- The right to erasure. This is also known as ‘the right to be forgotten’ and, in simple terms, enables you to request the deletion or removal of certain of the information that we hold about you by contacting us (see Contact Details).
- The right to restrict processing. You have rights to 'block' or 'suppress' further use of your information. When processing is restricted, we can still store your information, but will not use it further.
- The right to data portability. You have the right to obtain your personal information in an accessible and transferrable format so that you can re-use it for your own purposes across different service providers. This is not a general right however and there are exceptions. To learn more please get in touch (see Contact Details).
- The right to lodge a complaint. You have the right to lodge a complaint about the way we handle or process your information with the national data protection authority.
- The right to withdraw consent. If you have given your consent to anything we do with your information (i.e. we rely on consent as a legal basis for processing your information), you have the right to withdraw that consent at any time. You can do this by contacting us (see Contact Details). Withdrawing consent will not however make unlawful our use of your information while consent had been apparent.
- The right to object to processing. You have the right to object to certain types of processing, including processing for direct marketing and profiling.
Data Retention Period
The criteria used to determine the period of storage of personal data is the respective statutory retention period. After expiration of that period, the corresponding data is routinely deleted, as long as it is no longer necessary for the fulfillment of the contract or the initiation of a contract.
Lower Withial Farm
East Pennard, Shepton Mallet, Somerset, BA4 6UE